[Haskell-cafe] help wanted: hledger
simon at joyful.com
Sat Sep 17 15:15:32 UTC 2016
I believe hledger (http://hledger.org) is a useful project, with potential to be much better. I have more ideas and know-how than free time. By now the project has a fairly large surface area, such that I'm often avoiding it when I have only small chunks of time to work on something. So I'm putting out the call for help!
I'm grateful for the occasional contributions over the last 9 years, and I would welcome more collaborators to share the work. That sounds appealing, right ?
Really, this is a fun project, since you can use it to save money and time and build your wealth-accumulation skills. And as an active contributor, you will have access to free tutoring from a 9y haskeller, 20y consultant and FOSS developer, and 30y coder (that's me).
Here are some particular areas needing help:
- Release 0.28 (or should it be 1.0 ?) has been pending for a long time, partly because hledger, hledger-ui, hledger-web & hledger-api are released together. This is the number one priority at the moment.
- Integrate John Wiegley's ledger4 code as an additional parser, increasing our compatibility with Ledger, making hledger features more easily accessible to Ledger users.
- Website beautification and marketing in general.
- Contribute, solicit or raise funding, so we can sponsor developers/designers/minions, set meaningful issue bounties, etc.
- UIs/integration for mobile/small-screen devices.
- More import/export formats, easier migration to and from other tools.
I hope you'll check out hledger and get involved. http://hledger.org -> Contribute
More information about the Haskell-Cafe