[Haskell-cafe] Stable Random Number Generator?

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:23:44 UTC 2016

My recommendation in the past, and now, continues to be this:  If you
want something stable then use something that implements a standard.
I believe MWC generators implement a standard (up to you if you like
them).  The DRBG package Hash and HMAC generators implement a
standard.  The stream ciphers available on Hackage all implement a
well specified unchanging algorithm and produce a stream of random
bits from a seed (ChaCha20 from cryptonite, AES-CTR from many places,
etc etc).

-Thomas