[Haskell-cafe] A Procedural-Functional Language (WIP)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Oct 26 00:19:35 UTC 2016

On 25/10/16 3:50 AM, Ronald Legere wrote:
> The only other approach I am aware of is Clean's "Unique types".

That approach was also adopted in the programming language Mercury,
which includes both statically typed and moded logic programming
and statically typed functional programming, using Haskell-ish types.

It's not clear to me why Haskell, Clean, and Mercury don't already
qualify as "procedural-functional languages", especially when you
consider that the logic programming part of Mercury provides a
very clean approach to result arguments.