[Haskell-cafe] code.haskell.org down

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Oct 17 06:42:37 UTC 2016

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Gershom B wrote:

> On October 16, 2016 at 5:39:12 PM, Henning Thielemann (lemming at henning-thielemann.de) wrote:
>>
>> Currently, both HTTP and SSH to code.haskell.org fail with a timeout. :-(
>
> Thanks for the report! We’ve rebooted the hetzner box and everything should be back up.

> As a reminder, the best way to contact haskell-infra admins is
> #haskell-infrastructure on freenode, or email to admin at haskell.org.

Ah, thank you. I was missing this information and I could not look it up
at community.haskell.org while the server was down.

> We’re going to try to restart the retirement process for the box soon,
> and if you haven’t moved your site and projects off now, this is
> probably a good time to do so, as we will be gently then more
> insistently nudging people to migrate over the coming months.

I moved my darcs-2 projects to hub.darcs.net but I have no good solution
for the many darcs-1 projects and files that are not under version
control. I also do not see an easy way to find all my files, because not
all of them are in the home directory but in project directories. I also
hope that the files remain available read-only on code.haskell.org after
termination of the community service.