[Haskell-cafe] Announcing binary-parsers

wren romano winterkoninkje at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:19:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> wrote:
> What in particular changed to produce these performance improvements?
> I have been maintaining attoparsec recently and would be happy to merge
> any semantics-preserving changes or new combinators that would help
> existing users benefit from your work.

I can't speak to Winter's work, but for my part:

One of the big things is bytestring-lexing. I'd mentioned to Bryan
about using it before, but that never went anywhere. I also have a
handful of other minor patches which help to optimize a few
combinators here and there. I'd sent a bunch of these to Bryan back
when I did them; some got merged but I think some also got lost in the
shuffle. I can resend them if you'd like.

--
Live well,
~wren