[Haskell-cafe] Speakers for a kickoff meetup on functional programming.

Damian Nadales damian.nadales at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:14:54 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your responses. Right now I'm trying to gather a list
of speakers that could convey the importance of FP in industry to an
audience not familiar with FP at all. I think Bas surely has a
convincing story about it ;) What about the rest? (Jurriƫn, Alejandro)

After the first couple of meetings I guess we can move onto more
specific topics, but I given the low adoption of FP in this part of
the Netherlands, it'd be nice to give the first talks an introductory
flavor. It is also very important that in these talks newcomers to FP
can have a feeling on whether FP could help with their "software
crisis", reducing costs, build more maintainable software, more
efficient, etc (also managing the expectations, mentioning aspects
where FP does not fare that well, of course).

As for the when, my idea is to start next year (currently I'm
programming in Scala for food, and I'm devoting a lot of my free time
to study Haskell and build a public portfolio that could allow me to
make a living out of programming in Haskell).

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks once more!
Damian.