[Haskell-cafe] Batteries included

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Oct 3 08:37:21 UTC 2016

Am 03.10.2016 um 09:45 schrieb Herbert Valerio Riedel:
> On 2016-10-01 at 03:05:23 +0200, Tillmann Rendel wrote:
>
> [...]
 >
> lack of
> a proper system package management for C libraries in Windows. I hope
> that something like Chocolatey will become the de-facto standard on
> Windows in the foreseeable future.

I woudn't hold my breath (yet).
Packaging systems are barely mature enough to offer satisfactory support
simplified use cases like single ABI (Linux package managers) or single
programming language (Cabal, Maven, SBT).
Throwing in mixed-language support can be made to work easily (even
Maven does this, in a half-assed way), but making it work well is still
a "need more experience" topic.

Regards,
Jo