[Haskell-cafe] is it normal for docs to be pending for 24 hours?

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:43:00 UTC 2016

Sorry — the builder for docs has been in rough shape and we’re working on it. In this case it got stuck due to disk space issues and monitoring didn’t catch it. Its now running again but doing some catching up. (And lots of stuff in the queue it failed to build due to other problems needs to be replaced there, which is a manual process at the moment if we don’t want the queue as a whole to just drown out any new things at all with backlog). It would be much better to expose more queues and have better monitoring (and real prioritization), and another volunteer to help ben out on this would be very welcome (please contact me if you’re interested — the code lives at https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/blob/master/BuildClient.hs and there’s some uncommitted work on queuing as well).

—gerhsom