[Haskell-cafe] GHC 8.0.1 Compile time regression + Trac ticket privileges

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:36:08 UTC 2016

[x-post from Reddit reply]

Thanks so much for all the hard work!

Unfortunately I have a compile time performance regression to report on my
FLTKHS <https://github.com/deech/fltkhs> library. I also don't have a
minimal example. There is a demo that took about 15 seconds compile and
link in 7.10.3, but with no changes now takes over a minute in 8.0.1. I've
reproduced this across machines and operating systems.

Since there was interest expressed in using this example as a benchmark if
any GHC devs are still willing to help, I'm willing to walk them through
getting the library set up etc. It's not a long process. The tip of my
Github branch has been updated to build with GHC 8.0.1.
I made myself a Trac account but apparently I don't have Ticket privileges
so it won't let me create one. My username is 'deech'.

Thanks!
-deech