[Haskell-cafe] Stack build with GHC 8?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue May 24 08:23:48 UTC 2016

Having spent a lot of time doing just this today, you can use this
incantation:

    stack init --resolver ghc-8.0.1 --force

Run that from your project's directory. If you have upper bounds, it will
complain about them. Once you relax them, it will generate an appropriate
stack.yaml (overwriting any existing stack.yaml), at which point you can
`stack test`.

I've had a lot of success building packages today, it looks like people
upgraded preemptively to GHC 8 this time :)