[Haskell-cafe] ANN: enchant-0.1.0.0

KwangYul Seo kwangyul.seo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 03:35:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the first release of enchant, binding for the Enchant
library.

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/enchant-0.1.0.0

https://github.com/kseo/enchant

What is Enchant? (from http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/)

On the surface, Enchant appears to be a generic spell checking library. You
> can request dictionaries from it, ask if a word is correctly spelled, get
> corrections for a misspelled word, etc...
>

> Beneath the surface, Enchant is a whole lot more - and less - than that.
> You'll see that Enchant isn't really a spell checking library at all.
>

> "What's that?" you ask. Well, Enchant doesn't try to do any of the work
> itself. It's lazy, and requires backends to do most of its dirty work.
> Looking closer, you'll see the Enchant is more-or-less a fancy wrapper
> around the dlopen() system call. Enchant steps in to provide uniformity and
> conformity on top of these libraries, and implement certain features that
> may be lacking in any individual provider library. Everything should "just
> work" for any and every definition of "just working."

Thanks,
Kwang Yul Seo