[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] sparkle: native Apache Spark applications in Haskell

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:56:11 UTC 2016

Hi Alp,

Just wanted to say that there's interest here in Melbourne in Spark+Haskell
too and we'll definitely be trying this out to see what it's like.

One of the problems that some of the more exotic language-bindings to spark
have is that while they include RDD support, they lack a language-idiomatic
interpretation of DataFrames. Does Sparkle attempt to tackle this?

Many thanks to Tweag I/O for doing this. It must have been a lot of work!

Regards,

 - Lyndon