[Haskell-cafe] Local mirrors of hackage

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Wed Feb 24 18:16:10 UTC 2016

> I have a computer that I work on which isn't directly connected to the
> internet, that I want to use Haskell on. In order to do that I want a local
> version of hackage. I was previously able to do this using
> mirror_hackage.py, but since hackage 2 came around this no longer works.
> Doing this would involve running something on a computer that *is* attached
> to the internet, and then transferring a bunch of files over to the other
> computer. Can someone point me to a recipe for doing this?

I wrote https://github.com/jwiegley/hackage-mirror to do just this, with
relatively high performance for incremental updates.

Also, if you're ever a Nix user, you can modify the core Haskell builder to
reference whatever directory you mirror to first, before reaching out to the
Internet for tarballs. I've been using this effectively for several years now.