[Haskell-cafe] Local mirrors of hackage

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Wed Feb 24 16:36:57 UTC 2016

On 02/24/2016 06:23 PM, Victor Miller wrote:
> I have a computer that I work on which isn't directly connected to the
> internet, that I want to use Haskell on.  In order to do that I want a
> local version of hackage.  I was previously able to do this using
> mirror_hackage.py, but since hackage 2 came around this no longer
> works.  Doing this would involve running something on a computer that
> *is* attached to the internet, and then transferring a bunch of files
> over to the other computer.  Can someone point me to a recipe for
> doing this?

I don't know how exactly you want to use Haskell on your computer, but
if you know in advance which packages you'll need, you can download only
those packages (and their versions) and place them into cabal or stack
cache directory. That will be much more efficient than mirroring whole
of hackage.

Roman