[Haskell-cafe] Haskell.org Committee Financial Statement 2015

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:25:29 UTC 2016

Dear Haskellers,

The Haskell.org Committee [1] manages funds for haskell.org and
oversees haskell.org infrastructure.

The funds available to Haskell.org generally come from two sources: 1)
Mentor payments from the Google Summer of Code program. 2) Since the
end of 2013, occasional donations [2] from the Haskell community at
large. Our funds are held by Software in the Public Interest, a
501(c)3 US non-profit, through which we also accept donations. In
return for its services, SPI receives 5% of donations to Haskell.org.

According to our charter, "Each year, the committee will post a
statement of the haskell.org assets, and the transactions for that
year."

Included in this message is a brief statement of Haskell.org assets
over the period 31 December 2014 - 31 December 2015. Note that our
expenses are nearly entirely hosting, with a small overhead incurred
by SPI and payment processing. The bulk of our income this year, over
which we did minimal fundraising, is $7,000 in mentor payments from
google summer of code 2014 (mentor payments for 2015 have not yet been
received). Hosting fees are down from years past, as we have migrated
more of our infrastructure away from Hetzner and to Rackspace, which
donates to us free hosting.

1. Income and Expenses
  Total income over 2014: 7751.46
  Total expenses over 2014: 892.03
  ----
  Net income over 2014: 6859.43

3. Total Balance
Balance as of 31 December 2014: 26,422.91
Balance as of 31 December 2015: 33,547.34

Note: As of December 2015, we have a moved a large chunk of our
balance out of the SPI-held account and to a new account set up
directly under the control of Haskell.Org, as Haskell.Org is now
registered as a nonprofit 501(c)(3).

[1] https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell.org_committee
[2] https://wiki.haskell.org/Donate_to_Haskell.org

Best,