[Haskell-cafe] Hackage: Tarball and package description of package mtl differ

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Wed Feb 10 14:18:30 UTC 2016

This is because a revision to the cabal file was published[1]. Tarballs
always stay the same (because of possible signing, etc) but cabal-install
will use the revised metadata when doing most of its operation including
`install', `get', and `unpack'.

You don't say how you are trying to install mtl, is it not through Cabal?
Either  way, make sure to use the revised cabal file and it should be fine.

HTH,
Adam

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/mtl-2.2.1/revisions/

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Björn Peemöller <bjp at informatik.uni-kiel.de