[Haskell-cafe] New type of ($) operator in GHC 8.0 is problematic

Raphael Gaschignard r.gaschignard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:59:53 UTC 2016

I think the "show a simple type, then the 'real' type " solution is pretty
good ( especially since you need to be doing type level programming to hit
issues where the simple type doesn't hold anyways) , but on the topic of
several languages: doesn't  Haskell98 kind of solve the teaching issue? If
you're using the standard stuff stick to the old $...

I know Racket does some "language swapping" so that a beginner language is
available . I don't know how well that works