[Haskell-cafe] many haskell's mails are detected as spam on gmail

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sun Dec 25 22:59:36 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 01:38:07PM -0800, Mihai Maruseac wrote:

> I noticed this before the announcements of those changes. It was only
> for e-mails sent from Yahoo! mail.
>
> Since I know that Yahoo! has some stupid policies regarding DMARC I
> ignored it. This is an issue with almost all mailing lists in the
> world, just Yahoo! using stupid settings.

There are a few choices for working around this issue.  My personal
preference, which I hope is acceptable to the list community, is
to avoid modifying the message subject and body.  That is, the onus
of adding a "[Haskell-cafe] " subject prefix falls on message
authors (and those who respond if the tag is not yet present).
And the list [message footer is not added.

The "List-" headers contain all the requisite (un)sub information.

If leaving the message unmolested is deemed no acceptable, then
the "mailman" list manager provides a number of alternative
DMARC work-arounds that mangle the message "From" field in
various ways.  Consult the mailman docs.

--
	Viktor.