[Haskell-cafe] stack on Windows and C Preprocessor

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Tue Dec 20 10:44:58 UTC 2016

Dear Cafe,

not sure who the culprit is, thus trying on this list:

My project builds fine with stack on Linux. I installed the latest (1.3.0 x86_64) stack on a Windows box and ran 'stack.exe setup' inside my project's directory. The build fails at the depencency HaXml-1.25.3 with a lexer error on line 34 of this file:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaXml-1.25.3/docs/src/Text-XML-HaXml-Wrappers.html

lexical error in string/character literal at character '\r'

It seems the line (VERSION) is processed by the C preprocessor which somehow messes it up. Unfortunately, stack deletes its temporary files after running into the error, which deprives me of handles to further debug this. Does anyone have an idea how to continue from here?

Thanks, Olaf