[Haskell-cafe] Tracing HTTP request/response using servant-client or http-client

Jan von Löwenstein jan.loewenstein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:45:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

I wonder if there is a possibility to make servant-client or the layer
below, i.e. http-client log all requests and corresponding responses into a
log file.

There is `managerModifyRequest :: ManagerSettings
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-client-0.5.4/docs/Network-HTTP-Client.html#t:ManagerSettings>
 -> Request
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-client-0.5.4/docs/Network-HTTP-Client.html#t:Request>
 -> IO
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.9.0.0/docs/System-IO.html#t:IO>
Request
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-client-0.5.4/docs/Network-HTTP-Client.html#t:Request>
` (
https://github.com/snoyberg/http-client/blob/master/http-client/Network/HTTP/Client/Types.hs#L672)
which
would allow to build logging for requests I suppose.

However I could neither find a corresponding hook for Response, nor a
"batteries included"TM `logRequests = True`, `requestLogger=...` or
something along those lines.

Best
Jan