[Haskell-cafe] library for set of heterogeneous values?

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Fri Aug 12 00:17:50 UTC 2016

> I don't know if they're at all suitable for your purposes,
> but you should look (at least for inspiration) at both
> vinyl and dependent-map.

Thanks David,

vinyl is a record 'solution', not a set-of-records
repository

Really there's now too many bewildering choices for records;
representing the records is not the difficult part.

dependent-map, and
vault [Heinrich Apfelmus,thank you Sergei for the
suggestion]

seem to be (key, value) stores
so I'm not seeing how I 'query'/filter the values (the whole
records)
if I don't already know the keys for those records.

Contrast that with Data.Set [*],
you could stream the contents to a list and filter.
(Which would be horribly inefficient for my purposes.)

[*] Data.Set seems to have been swallowed into the new
collections library,
which is not currently maintained :-(

AntC