[Haskell-cafe] Fw: Bikeshedding request for GHCi's :type

Anton Felix Lorenzen anfelor at posteo.de
Thu Apr 28 14:05:16 UTC 2016

As a middle user, I often depend on `:type` when learning a library.
I don't have strong preferences over one proposal or the other,
but I would like to add, that there should always be
`:type` in its current form (renamed or not).

I wouldn't like getting lots of for me irrelevant information,
like examples, when I only want a one-line type signature.

That said, I like the general idea, although I don't know,
whether a beginner would like having to learn the type signatures again,
when getting to a more advanced level.

- Anton Lorenzen