[Haskell-cafe] Hugs

Alois Cochard alois.cochard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:11:31 UTC 2016

I don't think it's fair to say it's not being heeded, a few folks proposed
solution including usage of custom prelude and such... which seems quite
similar to that feature from Racket you mention (delta the the extension
thing, but solution can be found if there is enough interest for it).

I feel like with a bit of good will we could go a long way.

Cheers

On 14 April 2016 at 14:35, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Johannes Waldmann <
> johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
>
>> > https://twitter.com/headinthebox/status/652834731806052352
>>
>> This mentions    and :: Foldable t => t Bool -> Bool
>> as an example of "abstract nonsense".
>>

> I find it sad... that people like Erik Meijer, Mark Lentczer... (even Doug
> McIllroy recently demonstrated that there are 2⁹⁹ dialects of haskell!!)
> are not being heeded
> And this complaint could be greatly alleviated with one little leaf drawn
> from racket -- language-packs: teachpacks
> <https://docs.racket-lang.org/drracket/extending-drracket.html>
> Along with the single lightweight directive #lang
> <https://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/Module_Syntax.html#%28part._hash-lang%29>
>
> It may naturally be asked how is #lang different from ghc's language "-X"
> options
> A teachpack would be a bunch of coherent -X options maybe along with a
> suitable prelude

*Λ\ois*
http://twitter.com/aloiscochard
http://github.com/aloiscochard