[Haskell-cafe] Emacs (was stack and the Atom editor)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:58:25 UTC 2016

Replying to myself for anyone else who finds this

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
> ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11 April 2016 at 15:03, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > 1. Start in a foo.hs file
>> > 2. Load file
>> > 3. I get the lambda interface
>> >
>> > Instead
>> > M-x run-haskell
>> > I get old interface
>> >

>> > How do I get one uniform interface?
>>
>> By not using run-haskell?
>>

> :-)
>
> I figured that much out; viz that even if I dont need a file immediately I
> need to create a dummy hs file and load it.

Started with the minimum setup recommended in the Readme:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/lib/emacs/haskell-mode/")
(require 'haskell-mode-autoloads)
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/lib/emacs/haskell-mode/")

Now from a haskell file doing C-c C-l
does nothing but tell me to study haskell-mode for more instructions  -- O
well

So look up haskell mode that has:
    For more information see also Info node `(haskell-mode)Getting Started'.
However the Getting started is a broken link -- "No such node or anchor"
It is (info "(haskell-mode)Interactive Haskell")
which has the key bindings needed to get it working