[Haskell-cafe] Emacs (was stack and the Atom editor)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 07:36:20 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Thomas Koster <tkoster at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I can't make Atom work for me, I will drop it just as fast as I
> dropped Emacs. Spacemacs was suggested to me off-list; if it addresses
> my complaints about Emacs, I might give it a chance. But Atom is the
> topic of this thread, so lest this thread descend into a text editor
> flame war, I suggest we stop talking about Emacs (or Vim, or Eclipse,
> or anything else).

[Note the changed subject line :-) ]

Ive been having a great deal of confusion/trouble with emacs haskell-mode
of late.
No this is not a gripe about haskell-mode
Just that I find myself confused over

   1. The old comint interface and new λ one -- when does which kick in
   2. Basic setups -- is it called haskell-mode/haskell-emacs or what?
   3. I dont quite know when things stopped working/being
   comfortable/familiar but I remember it as having nothing to do with haskell
   -- updating org mode or some such

Just that I am supposed to be (at least out here!!) an emacs and haskell
expert and while showing others how to get started I am often finding my
own setups embarrassingly broken
Any tips for an old emacs-geezer?