[Haskell-cafe] Best deployment method for Hakyll websites (with Stack)?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Sep 10 14:46:23 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if it answers your question, but: stack's installation doesn't
have to be user-local, it just has to be somewhere that the user has write
access to. The default in $HOME/.stack, but this can be overridden by
setting the STACK_ROOT environment variable. So for example, this could
work:

sudo mkdir /opt/stack
sudo chown git /opt/stack
export STACK_ROOT=/opt/stack
stack build hakyll

Using Docker will mean that you get all of the Stackage packages available
without needing to compile them, and could be a great solution. Check out
the Wiki page for more information on getting started with it:

https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/wiki/Docker