[Haskell-cafe] GHC can't find DLL dependencies on Windows

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:19:27 UTC 2015

Never mind, I figured it out. Previously, I had been placing
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin at the end of my user PATH. It turns out that my
PATH was in fact on the DLL search path, but for some reason, an
earlier directory on my PATH was causing problems. I can't exactly
pinpoint what was causing the problem, but after moving
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin to the start of my system PATH, I can run
Haskell executables in PowerShell/cmd.exe without a problem.

Ryan S.