[Haskell-cafe] 'Associative' order of calling

Janis Voigtländer janis.voigtlaender at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 10:56:44 UTC 2015

The "unitarity" and "linearity" laws are indeed relevant for Charles's
question. But they won't give him his 2. or 3. point. They will exactly
entail the property he mentions in his 1. point: that each data element is
touched exactly once (whereas all permutations of the order will still be
legal).

For proof of that, see http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2503778.2503781, which
establishes as fact the relevant conjecture from Jaskelioff & Rypacek's
paper.