[Haskell-cafe] New STM Data Structures Collection

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:42:47 UTC 2015

A suggestion after looking at the API docs:

Usually modules called "Internal" are not meant to be used by the user
of the library unless they really know what they're doing.  However, the
description of the package says that I should choose the implementation
that suits my needs, so these aren't "Internal" modules after all.
Also, they don't export anything that I would qualify as internal, such
as data type constructors and helper functions.

I'd suggest either renaming the "Internal" portion of the hierarchy to
something else (such as "Impl") or dropping it completely (i.e., leaving
the implementation modules on the same level as the "Class" modules).

Everything else looks quite good!  An advanced request would be having
benchmarks showing which implementation is best for which use cases,
esp. for [ALPRST]*SLPQ, but that's non-trivial.

Cheers, :)

--
Felipe.