[Haskell-cafe] Future of FPComplete Haskell Center (IDE)

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:31:58 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,
I will collaborate on that since definitively a cloud development
environment has not been appreciated as much as it deserve since all of us
are accustomed to the desktop single user programming with "punctuated"
collaboration. But I`m sure that the young developers will be more willing
to develop collaboratively in a more fluent way with their  tablets and
maybe their phones using a web space.

For context:

https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/3oi3iw/cloud_development_enviroment/

> FPComplete is deprecating Haskell Center and removing support for their
> hosted IDE at the end of the year. I enjoy using the IDE in many situations
> and would like to have a similar capability available to the community. I
> know several people have expressed interest in helping maintain a version
> that can go on.
>
> Michael Snoyman has stated that there are some issues with the existing
> codebase and that there are many things that can/should be improved. There
> are some limitations due to NDA, but I believe FPComplete would be willing
> to hand over much of the codebase.
>
> I intend this thread to bring together those people interested in helping
> with this effort in any way. Personally, I would be willing to provide
> limited hosting and some development support. My goals would be to upgrade
> support to 8.x GHC, latest Stackage - LTS and create a path for people to
> self-host the IDE.
>
> -Tom Bereknyei

Alberto.