[Haskell-cafe] Compatibility etiquette for apps, with cabal sandboxes and `stack`

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Nov 29 17:25:17 UTC 2015

Hi Paolo,

 > But developers of, say, `hlint` have (I guess arguably) another
 > target audience — Haskell developers; my question was about this
 > audience, and Omari Norman's answer makes sense there.

personally, I never install anything with stack or cabal-install,
regardless of whether it's a tool intended for Haskell developers or
not. Stack and cabal-install are great tools to use during code
development, but neither of them has the capabilities I want from a
package manager.

Just my 2 cents,
Peter