[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Compatibility etiquette for apps, with cabal sandboxes and `stack`

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Nov 29 16:37:15 UTC 2015

Omari Norman writes:

 > Someone installing an application can just use stack and Stackage.

I wonder how many people would be using XMonad, git-annex, etc. if this
view were common place among application developers.

I'm pretty sure that a large part of the user base of these tools has no
clue "stack" exists, even, and the only reason why they can install
these programs is because their distributions package manager allows
then to do so without exposing them to any Haskell-specific build tools.

Best regards,
Peter