[Haskell-cafe] Darcs vs Git

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Nov 15 18:09:54 UTC 2015

Am 15.11.2015 um 18:54 schrieb Mike Meyer:
> Yes, I work with git on a regular basis. I'm not likely to have been asked
> to compress my commits if I hadn't done so.

Oh. Right. My apologies.

> You talked about issues during a code review. I've never seen a review
> process that was really affected by the source code control system.

If a history rewrite is tacked on at the end of a review process, that
means another round of review.
I agree that the SCM tool and the way it's being used wouldn't affect
individual reviews, it's the overall process that can be affected (you
could avoid that by doing the history rewrite as early as possible,
preferrably before starting formal review if the project has that).