[Haskell-cafe] Darcs vs Git

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Nov 15 17:50:25 UTC 2015

Am 15.11.2015 um 16:52 schrieb Mike Meyer:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 9:46 AM Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:
>
>> It can affect code reviews. OTOH that's something that reviewer and
>> submitter can agree to without affecting other people's work.
>
> If your review tools won't let you review changes in the format you prefer,
> that's an issue with the review tools, not the version control system.

Did you ever work with git, or any SCM that allows history edits?

Because that wasn't a question of review tools at all, and while I can
understand the discomfort around editing history, it is not something
that one can reliably judge from hearsay and theory, you need to have
seen it in action.

Regards,
Jo