[Haskell-cafe] Where io-streams won't fit, comparing to conduit or pipes

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Mon Nov 9 01:41:31 UTC 2015

A slight take on what Gregory said is that io-streams is fundamentally
about streaming IO, where is pipes can be used with any base monad,
including Identity or other pure monads -- not just ones that implement
MonadIO. So if you want to compose pure streaming operations, you would
likely prefer pipes. I think conduits works that way as well now (it
originally was also IO-only).

- jeremy