[Haskell-cafe] Warnings suppression and examples

Joe Hillenbrand joehillen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:17:36 UTC 2015

I don't have examples, but something I'd like to ask is for the
warnings that are suppressed to be specific and explicit.

I've had linters in other languages hide bugs because they have a
universal warning suppression flag that suppressed more than the
intended warning.

For example, in Python a #noqa flag that suppressed a long line
warning also hid a warning about an undefined variable.

Here's an example of an alternative approach for Python
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ebb-lint