[Haskell-cafe] I'm reading #OutOfTheTarPit does ghc have a relational model built in for state?

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Thu May 21 09:31:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:35:31AM -0700, KC wrote:
> I'm reading #OutOfTheTarPit does ghc have a relational model built in for
> state?
>
> "Out of the Tar Pit" talks about FRP - Functional Relational Programming

I guess you're looking for an "in memory" relational implementation.
Opaleye and Relational Record, that Ben Ford mentioned, are for building
queries for external SQL databases.

For some time now I've been thinking about implementing such an "in memory"
database with the same API as Opaleye, and I know Edward Kmett has thought
about efficient ways to implement such a thing using the techniques of
"discrimination" that he is fond of.  I for one don't have anything to show
yet, but I will certainly announce it here if and when I do.

Tom