[Haskell-cafe] Enforcing data structures invariant in the type system

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:27:10 UTC 2015

> Il giorno 30/mar/2015, alle ore 19:17, Oliver Charles <ollie at ocharles.org.uk> ha scritto:
>
> You're in the right ballpark that's for sure - and your experience with hard-to-decode error messages is not a new one either! Haskell is somewhat "experiemental" in this domain, as its only now starting to learn the features necessary to do what you want to do.

Having some compilers background I understand very well the difficulties in making sensible error messages,
especially when dealing with such advanced features. The point was more that I don’t know the basics on
how those features work (and what is involved in the job of the type checker) so I can’t even parse what
GHC try to tell me (skolem what?).

> I think some of the best work to learn the latest techniques is described here: https://github.com/jstolarek/dep-typed-wbl-heaps-hs <https://github.com/jstolarek/dep-typed-wbl-heaps-hs>

Thank you that looks very useful!

> -- ocharles