[Haskell-cafe] Blog platform written in Haskell

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Tue Jun 2 20:58:35 UTC 2015

That is the direction that clckwrks has naturally ended up heading in. In
the first version, it had blog stuff builtin. But as things got refactored
the blog/cms stuff just became another general purpose plugin -- not part
of the core.

In fact, the authentication layer is even taking a step in that direction.
It is still hardwired into the core, but it uses the clckwrks plugin
architecture.

At its core, clckwrks is just a general framework with allows you to
dynamically load and unload components and themes. But it does not put many
constraints on what those plugins need to do. I have taken existing
standalone web apps and turned them into clckwrks plugins with little
effort.

In theory, you can save development time though by building a web
application that builds on top of existing plugins -- such as a media
plugin, cms plugin, payment plugin, etc. That way you can focus on the
unique aspects of your site instead of wasting a lot of time on the boring
mechanics of dealing with payment processing, serving files from S3, etc.

- jeremy