[Haskell-cafe] Using GHC API to compile Haskell sources to CORE and CORE to binary

Wojciech Danilo wojciech.danilo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 03:12:09 UTC 2015

Hello David, thank you for your response! :)
I've got few questions regarding it:
1) Does it mean there are no datatypes dedicated to "a core language" ?
2) All passes are transforming AST -> AST? If so, what does the function
`compileToCoreModule` does?
3) Additional - is there any subset of the AST that we can call "CORE" ?
4) Do all the documentation (like this one:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/Compiler/CoreSynType)
should be considered obsolete?

All the best,
Wojciech