[Haskell-cafe] --disable-{executable-}profiling cabal-install-1.22.0.0 with ghc-7.6.3

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:00:43 UTC 2015

I've had this problem as well. I think the issue is that 'cabal' now
expects '--disable-profiling', but if you have a custom Setup.hs, it
can be compiled with an older version of the Cabal library, and then
it expects '--disable-executable-profiling' again. What is the output
of 'ghc-pkg list Cabal'?

I meant to report this issue as well, so thank you for bringing it up.
There's a similar issue for --disable[-library]-coverage. It's not
only this issue that is annoying about it, but also that it makes it
very hard to write wrapper scripts around cabal that use these flags.

Cabal devs, do you think the old flags could be added back, perhaps
with a deprecation warning or something?

Regards,

Erik