[Haskell-cafe] --disable-{executable-}profiling cabal-install-1.22.0.0 with ghc-7.6.3

Ozgur Akgun ozgurakgun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:28:22 UTC 2015

A recent change in cabal-install's command line interface seems not to be
compatible with ghc-7.6.3.

cabal-install-1.22.0.0 doesn't like --disable-executable-profiling as a
command line option any more. (I could only find this related to this
change: https://github.com/haskell/cabal/pull/2286)

$ cabal install --disable-executable-profiling
cabal: unrecognized 'install' option `--disable-executable-profiling'

I try --disable-profiling instead.

$ cabal install transformers --disable-profiling -j3
Resolving dependencies...
Notice: installing into a sandbox located at [snip]
Configuring transformers-0.4.2.0...
Failed to install transformers-0.4.2.0
Build log [snip]:
unrecognized 'configure' option `--disable-profiling'
transformers-0.4.2.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Using the following versions of cabal and ghc.

$ cabal -V
cabal-install version 1.22.0.0
using version 1.22.0.0 of the Cabal library
$ ghc -V
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.6.3

--disable-profiling works fine with ghc-7.8.3, this is only a problem with
7.6.3.

PS: transformers is only a dependency of an executable I am trying to
build. But this happens with all the other dependencies as well.

--
Ozgur Akgun