[Haskell-cafe] The amount of CPP we have to use is getting out of hand

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:46:08 UTC 2015

If anyone would like to compute the CPP usage for your modules, you can use
this command:

for lib in hashable cabal/Cabal cabal/cabal-install containers
unordered-containers cassava ekg network; do
  echo $lib
  find $lib -type d \( -name tests -o -name benchmarks -o -name dist -o
-name .cabal-sandbox -o -name tests-ghc \) -prune \
    -o -name Setup.hs -prune -o -name '*.hs' -exec grep -l 'LANGUAGE.*CPP'
  find $lib -type d \( -name tests -o -name benchmarks -o -name dist -o
-name .cabal-sandbox -o -name tests-ghc \) -prune \
    -o -name Setup.hs -prune -o -name '*.hs' -print | wc -l
done

Replace the list in the 'in' clause with your list of packages (which
should all be in a per-package directory under $CWD).