[Haskell-cafe] Study GUI and FRP sequentially or concurrently? Superimposing graphics and text.

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 18:33:07 UTC 2015

Jeffrey Brown <jeffbrown.the at gmail.com> writes:

> Reactive-banana can work with GTK?! Heinrich, Oliver, should perhaps the
> bindings at
> https://github.com/ocharles/hadoom/blob/master/hadoom-editor/Reactive/Banana/GTK.hs
> be referred to from the reactive banana homepage?

Well... as an example, sure. But they are hardly something that I'd
expect to package up as a library. I haven't given them a huge amount of
thought, and as you can see - they are just appearing as I need them. My
project doesn't really interact with GTK a great deal, it just uses it
to create a window and display some basic properties.

The beauty of reactive-banana is that it's really just a very
declarative way of dealing with IO callbacks. So it can support GTK,
WxWidgets, QT (if we had bindings), and even GUI frameworks that don't
even exist! :)

-- ocharles