[Haskell-cafe] Installing grapefruit: "lexical error at character 'i'"

Jeffrey Brown jeffbrown.the at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:54:00 UTC 2015

I did not realize UIItem.hs and UIItem.hs-boot were separate things; I
thank Matthew Pickering for pointing out that potential error in a private
message.

It looks like Alan or Kim was right: the 12th line of the boot file reads
"#if MIN_VERSION_base(4,7,0)", and the file contains no mention of CPP. I
am left with two questions:

How to enable CPP?
------------------
Do I just include the following liine at the top of the boot file?
{-# LANGUAGE CPP #-}

How to replace the boot file?
In my hackage.haskell.org folder there are a lot of subfolders named after
Haskell libraries -- arrows, cairo, etc. Almost every one of those includes
in turn a single folder with a version number, and within that a .tar.gz
file. In order to find the error you all helped me locate, I uncompressed
the .tar.gz file in the grapefruit-ui folder. I could alter that object,
but that does not seem likely to help, because I would not be altering the
data that Haskell actually uses.

Thanks! This is exciting!