[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Infix expression keyword: -XInfixExpressions

Christopher Done chrisdone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:51:31 UTC 2015

Ahoy,

The idiom discussion brought back to mind a general problem (well, for
me) in Haskell syntax which is there is no syntactic sugar for
interspersing operators to many arguments.

Regarding a solution for this, I wrote up a wee proposal here:
https://gist.github.com/chrisdone/d9d33e4770a2fef19ad1

If I go ahead and implement this in GHC as -XInfixExpressions or
something (better names welcome), would it be likely to be accepted? I
could first do an implementation in haskell-src-exts to demonstrate
the concept.

Ciao!