[Haskell-cafe] ghc and libgmp compiled separately

briand at aracnet.com briand at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 19 05:48:57 UTC 2015

i downloaded the centos65 binary of ghc only to find there was some sort of problem with libgmp on the system i am using.

No problem i think, I'll just go grab the latest 4.x gmp compile it and use the --with-gmp flags to point ghc to my compiled version.

didn't work.

Don't have access to the machine from home, so i can't relay the precise error message (forgot to email it to myself), but it seems that the --with-gmp flags should have solved my problem (gmp compiled cleanly without any problems and put all the files in the right place).

any obvious trickery involved when attempting something like this ?

Thanks,

Brian