[Haskell-cafe] gloss-examples install fails

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sun Feb 15 22:28:07 UTC 2015

I installed gloss, and then the binary for llvm (http://llvm.org/builds/ )
But still gloss-examples fail, because it requires gloss-raster, which fails (below).

I see some discussion of this from last year (https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2014-March/113001.html),
Do I need to do some path manipulations to get this to work?

I see llc & opt as mentioned in that note installed under mingw, but not under the llvm installed site.

<C:\Windows\System32>cabal install gloss-raster
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring gloss-raster-1.9.2.1...
Building gloss-raster-1.9.2.1...
Failed to install gloss-raster-1.9.2.1
Build log ( C:\Users\guthrie\AppData\Roaming\cabal\logs\gloss-raster-1.9.2.1.log ):
Building gloss-raster-1.9.2.1...
Preprocessing library gloss-raster-1.9.2.1...
[1 of 2] Compiling Graphics.Gloss.Raster.Array ( Graphics\Gloss\Raster\Array.hs, dist\build\Graphics\Gloss\Raster\Array.o )

<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
             Make sure you have installed LLVM
gloss-raster-1.9.2.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Running with -v, it adds:
<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
             Make sure you have installed LLVM
8.3 found on system at: e:\Plang\Haskell
Platform\bin\ghc.exe
Using ghc-pkg version 7.8.3 found on system at: e:\Plang\Haskell
Platform\bin\ghc-pkg.exe
No ghcjs found
No ghcjs-pkg found
No greencard found