[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: New Haskell.org Homepage Now Live

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Feb 15 09:28:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Gershom B wrote:

> Onto a few key things to remember:
>
>   * The wiki is still around at https://wiki.haskell.org and it is still
> a fantastic resource. It is now speedy again, and we have an account
> creation process. By all means, jump in, and help curate and cultivate
> its wealth of knowledge.

I like the new wiki subdomain which is much more handy than the
HaskellWiki subdirectory. How can I add events to the table in the future?
Unfortunately, in my browser the Twitter headlines on the left overlap
with the Events on the right:
    https://www.haskell.org/news

>   * The official home for our mailinglists is now
> http://mail.haskell.org — hopefully this will cause no problems or
> confusion, and the redirects should be in place properly. Please let us
> know if there are any issues.

I would prefer if the links in the Haskell News go to
haskell.org/pipermail (or mail.haskell.org) and not to googlegroups. The
latter one requires JavaScript.

I would also prefer if the "click to expand" links on the front page were
links to separate articles. We preach stateless programming to the rest of
the programming world and then the homepage content should be preferably
stateless as well, shouldn't it? Practically I want to send people URLs
and not explain them a sequence of clicks to tell them what text I am
talking about.