[Haskell-cafe] ANN: New Haskell.org Homepage Now Live
gershomb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 07:50:07 UTC 2015
I’m pleased to announce that http://www.haskell.org has received its first significant design update since 2010! More significantly, for the first time since 2006 it is not a wiki, but an actual language homepage. More significantly still, for the first time ever, the Haskell homepage now runs on a fully Haskell-powered stack. I suppose some people might also be interested in the fact that it looks quite nice, and has significantly cleaned up the information it presents, so as to provide a more focused experience for newcomers looking to explore the language.
The page is now includes the collective work of over 230 commits by 17 contributors. First and foremost among those is Chris Done, who conceived the vision, wrote the bulk of the code, and executed the design. Also thanks to our many admins, including Austin Seipp, Ricky Elrod, et al., who managed the deployment, and have been working behind the scenes to continue to modernize and update our creaking infrastructure.
Onto a few key things to remember:
* The wiki is still around at https://wiki.haskell.org and it is still a fantastic resource. It is now speedy again, and we have an account creation process. By all means, jump in, and help curate and cultivate its wealth of knowledge.
* The new site is all on github: https://github.com/haskell-infra/hl — there you will also find an issue tracker as well. We are sure there are many gaffes, gaps, and oddities that remain to be patched up in the site, especially with regards to its content. Tickets, pull requests, and comments are encouraged.
* The official home for our mailinglists is now http://mail.haskell.org — hopefully this will cause no problems or confusion, and the redirects should be in place properly. Please let us know if there are any issues.
* We think we covered everything, but there is the possibility that some item, service, or redirect broke in the course of this transition. Please let us know if this is the case.
* If you have been responsible for some subdirectory under the www.haskell.org banner, then you will find that you do not yet have an account on the new server. Please contact us and we’ll get you set up to continue to maintain that portion of the site.
* As always, you can reach the haskell ops and admin team at admin at haskell.org, or on freenode irc at #haskell-infrastructure.
(and also the Haskell.org Committee and Haskell.org Admin Team)
More information about the Haskell-Cafe